If planning a horror movie marathon for Halloween, you might as well have a drink while you’re at it.
These five cocktails, and one mocktail (for the Sober Oct folks), are easy to make at home.
GOBLIN SKILLET COOKIE IS A ‘YUMMY MESS’ FOR HALLOWEEN: TRY THE RECIPE
VASO’s Betelgeuse cocktail inspired by ‘Beetlejuice’
Dalton Hatfield from VASO created a red-colored cocktail that was inspired by the “Beetlejuice” dinner scene. If you’re unable to visit this Spanish rooftop eatery at the AC Hotel by Marriott Columbus Dublin in Ohio, you can recreate it with three easy steps.
- 1 ounce gin
- ½ ounce of single malt scotch
- ½ ounce of cherry liqueur
- ¼ ounce of allspice dram
- ¾ ounce of lemon juice
- ½ ounce of demerara syrup
- ½ ounce of pomegranate grenadine
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- Mix your gin and cherry liqueur with scotch in a cocktail shaker.
- Combine the contents and shake it in a large bowl.
- Add nutmeg to your drink.
HALLOWEEN COCKTAILS: BRAINY AND BLOODY
Q Mixers’ Frankenlime Collins inspired by ‘Frankenstein’
If you’re ready to create your own monster this Halloween, you’ll want to take a look at Q Mixers’ “Frankenlime Collins” recipe. It only takes four ingredients and just four steps to create this easy green drink. Whether you want to try out the premium brand’s Q Spectacular Tonic Water or use any old tonic water you have at home, here’s how you can pay tribute to Mary Shelley’s beloved behemoth.
- 1 ½ ounce of gin
- ¼ ounce of Midori liqueur
- ½ ounce of lime juice
- 5 ounces Tonic Water
- In a shaker, combine your Midori liqueur, gin and lime juice.
- Place the contents in a tumbler glass.
- Ice your drinks with chilled tonic.
- If desired, garnish the drink with a lemon peel.
10 SPOOKY HALLOWEEN CCKTAILS FOR YOUR GUESTS
Black Button Distilling’s Witch’s Caramel Apple inspired by ‘Hocus Pocus’
Black Button Distilling came up with this caramel apple cocktail, which is based on “Hocus Pocus”. This amber-colored drink offers a sweet and tart kick thanks to the Black Button Distilling’s Apple Pie Moonshine and Four Grain Bourbon, but you can also feel free to use any brand that’s available to you at your local liquor store.
- 1 ½ ounce of apple pie moonshine
- ½ ounce of four-grain bourbon
- 1 oz caramel syrup
- Ginger beer
- Caramel apple slices
- Mix your caramel syrup, apple pie moonshine, and Bourbon into a cocktail shaker.
- Combine the liquids and shake them well before pouring into a glass.
- Ginger beer can be added to your beverage.
- Serve with a slice of caramel apple.
EASY FESTIVE LOLLIPOPS FOR HALLOWEEN THAT LOOKS LIKE YOU SPENT HOUR MAKING
Sol Mar Cocktail Lounge’s Spooky Chocolate Strawberry Mojito inspired by ‘Final Destination 5’
The Sol Mar Cocktail Lounge in Vero Beach and Splash Beverage Group came together to create an eye-popping Halloween cocktail that’ll remind movie buffs of the frightful ocular scene in “Final Destination 5.” Although the Florida bar prefers Salt Tequila to make their cocktail, it is possible to substitute any brand. Just make sure you don’t forget to add a gummy candy eyeball to capture the unforgettable horror movie moment.
- 4 ounces chopped strawberries
- 2 ounces chocolate tequila
- Mint pinch (5-10 mint leaves).
- ½ ounce of fresh lime juice
- ½ ounce of simple syrup
- 1 to 3 lime wedges
- Club soda
- Food coloring
- Gummy candy with a strange name
- Put your fresh strawberries in a hurricane glass.
- Mix together your simple syrup and mint leaves, along with the lime juice and lime wedges.
- You can finish your drink with a chocolate tequila or ice, (optional), and a glass of club soda.
- You can also add a couple drops of food coloring.
- Gummy candy, such as eyeballs and body parts, can be added to your drink.
CLICK HERE TO GET FOX NEWS APP
Monin Americas’ You’ll Float Too Sangria inspired by ‘It’
Monin Americas’ Beverage Innovation Manager Andres Zamorano, created a dark sangria inspired by the movie “It.” The deep purple drink almost looks black in color, but it includes all the ingredients you’d find in a traditional sangria – plus a few delicious grapes. Monin suggests Monin use its Wild Grape Syrup for this recipe, but any other grape syrup will do. Just make sure don’t forget your red Pennywise balloon.
- 1 ounce brandy
- Red wine: 3 oz
- 1 ounce Grape Syrup
- 1 ounce fresh pineapple juice
- ½ ounce of fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz Sprite
- Decoration for red balloon cocktails
- Mix your brandy, grape juice, and red wine in a shaker.
- Gently shake the contents and pour into a glass with ice.
- Top with Sprite.
- Place a few purple grapes and a plastic red balloon on top.
CLICK HERE NOW TO SIGN UP OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER
Raising The Bar’s World on Fire mocktail inspired by ‘The Firestarter’
Raising The Bar, a mocktail subscription box service created a fiery drink inspired by Drew Barrymore’s sci-fi horror thriller, “The Firestarter.” The subscription service’s founder Abbie Romanul came up with the alcohol-free beverage using hot and smoky flavors, which should satisfy any Sober October observers.
- ½ ounce of beet apple cider vinegar tonic
- ½ ounce of wood-smoked pecan maple syrup.
- Ginger beer 4 oz
- Chipotle pepper bitters
- Place your beet apple cider vinegar and maple syrup in an old-fashioned glass.
- Make sure to add some ginger beer and ice, if desired.
- Stir in the chipotle bitters, and then add them to your drink.
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS